The States of Guernsey's Disability and Inclusion Strategy contains an action for the States' to commission an audit of its practices, buildings and services to ensure they meet the requirement of new legislation.
Business Disability Forum (BDF) reports
- The Business Disability Forum (BDF) were commissioned in mid 2017 to undertake a series of audits of States of Guernsey service areas. This was to assess current level of preparedness of its employment practices, buildings and services. The audits were from the perspective of both employer and service provider. BDF made short, medium and long term recommendations which were then reviewed by service areas. The full reports are published below.
- Disabled Employees [1Mb]
- Income Tax [336kb]
- States' Trading Supervisory Board [639kb]
- Courts [334kb]
- Health and Social Care [532kb]
- Employment and Social Security [489kb]
- Education, Sport and Culture [464kb]
- Economic Development [533kb]
- Home Affairs [526kb]
- Environment and Infrastructure [563kb]
- Overarching Report on Disabled Islanders [799kb]
- Internal action plans were then developed and the updates to these action plans can be reviewed in the States of Guernsey Action plan section below.
States of Guernsey Action plan
- Service areas within the States of Guernsey have been working through a series of actions as a result of audits completed by the Business Disability Forum (BDF) during 2017. You can view the full BDF audit report here:
- You can also view the reports for the Disability Review Board and the most recent annual report for 2019. These reports set out progress to date, work still to be achieved and important next steps, here: