The Community Drug and Alcohol Team work with anyone over the age of 18 whose drug and/or alcohol consumption is causing problems, which generally include withdrawal features.
Contact Us: The Oberlands Centre, Rue de la Corbinerie, St Martins, GY4 6SP - 01481 725241 ext. 3561
Who We Are
We are a multi-disciplinary team of professionals comprising of:
- Social workers
- STaR workers (support workers)
- Systemic practitioners
We receive referrals from a GP or any other professional with whom you might be working.
Once you are referred you will be contacted to complete a screening form. If you are not suitable for CDAT you will be referred onto other services such as In-Dependence or Action for Children (AfC) who may be able to offer you additional support.
If you are suitable for CDAT you will be offered an assessment. This gives us a comprehensive understanding of your drug and/or alcohol treatment needs and other medical, psychological and social needs.
CDAT offer the following interventions:
- 1-2-1 key working offering therapeutic support and individualised work. This might include Motivational Interviewing, Brief Interventions, Harm Reduction, Drug & Alcohol Star.
- Substitute prescribing for opiate dependence with compulsory supervised substitute medication dispensing in participating community pharmacies.
- Opiate in-patient and out-patient detox.
- Alcohol in-patient and out-patient detox.
- Relapse prevention work.
- Risk assessment and risk management plans
- Referral to other services such as PTI, Adult mental Health, Recovery & Wellbeing Service (RAWS) and referral to Decider Skills.
The duration of treatment varies depending on the individual's required treatment, their personal recovery journey and any complex needs and risks around them.
- The Oberlands Centre: Tel - 01481 725241 ext. 3561
- In-Dependence: Tel - 01481 729000, Email email@example.com, Website - www.independence.gg
- Guernsey Alcohol Advisory Service (GAAS): Tel - 01481 723255, Email - firstname.lastname@example.org, Website - www.gaas.org.gg
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA): Tel- 01481 713480, Alderney helpline: Tel- 07911 723224, Website - http://www.aaguernsey.info/
- L'Vair, service users support group: Tel - 07781 123440
- Guernsey Recovery Community Group
- GET: Website - www.getselfhelp.co.uk
- Guernsey Samaritans: Tel - 01481 715515
- Narcotics Anonymous: National Helpline - 0300 999 1212
- Guernsey Mind: Tel - 01481 722959, Website - http://guernseymind.org.gg
- Philippi Guernsey: Tel - 07781 130523 or 01481 230745, Website - http://www.philippi.org.gg/
- Guernsey Women's Refuge: Tel - 01481 721999, Website - http://www.refuge.org.gg/
- Soberistas a social network: Website - http://soberistas.com
- Safer: Address - Safer LBG, PO Box 115, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 3EY. Phone - 01481 721999 helpline 24 hours a day every day of the year. Email: email@example.com
- In an emergency call the police on 999