The Community Drug and Alcohol Team work with anyone over the age of 18 whose drug and/or alcohol consumption is causing problems, which generally include withdrawal features.
Who We Are
We are a multi-disciplinary team of professionals comprising of:
- Social workers
- STaR workers (support workers)
- Systemic practitioners
- We receive referrals from a GP or any other professional with whom you might be working.
- Once you are referred you will be contacted to complete a screening form. If you are not suitable for CDAT you will be referred onto other services such as In-Dependence or Action for Children (AfC) who may be able to offer you additional support.
- If you are suitable for CDAT you will be offered an assessment. This gives us a comprehensive understanding of your drug and/or alcohol treatment needs and other medical, psychological and social needs.
- CDAT offer the following interventions:
- 1-2-1 key working offering therapeutic support and individualised work. This might include Motivational Interviewing, Brief Interventions, Harm Reduction, Drug & Alcohol Star.
- Substitute prescribing for opiate dependence with compulsory supervised substitute medication dispensing in participating community pharmacies.
- Opiate in-patient and out-patient detox.
- Alcohol in-patient and out-patient detox.
- Relapse prevention work.
- Risk assessment and risk management plans
- Referral to other services such as PTI, Adult mental Health, Recovery & Wellbeing Service (RAWS) and referral to Decider Skills.
- The duration of treatment varies depending on the individual's required treatment, their personal recovery journey and any complex needs and risks around them.
- The Oberlands Centre: Tel - 01481 220000
- In-Dependence: Tel - 01481 729000, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Website - www.independence.gg
- Guernsey Alcohol Advisory Service (GAAS): Tel - 01481 723255, Email - email@example.com.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA): Tel- 07781 151682, Alderney helpline: Tel- 07911 723224, Website - http://www.aaguernsey.info/
- L'Vair, service users support group: Tel - 07781 123440
- Guernsey Recovery Community Group
- GET: Website - www.getselfhelp.co.uk
- Guernsey Samaritans: Tel - 01481 715515
- Narcotics Anonymous: National Helpline - 0300 999 1212
- Guernsey Mind: Tel - 01481 722959, Website - http://guernseymind.org.gg
- Philippi Guernsey: Tel - 07781 130523 or 01481 230745, Website - http://www.philippi.org.gg/
- Guernsey Women's Refuge: Tel - 01481 721999, Website - http://www.refuge.org.gg/
- Soberistas a social network: Website - http://soberistas.com
- Safer: Address - Safer LBG, PO Box 115, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 3EY. Phone - 01481 721999 helpline 24 hours a day every day of the year. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In an emergency call the police on 999
Contact Us: The Oberlands Centre, Rue de la Corbinerie, St Martins, GY4 6SP - 01481 220000