Healthy Minds offers short-term therapeutic interventions for adults aged 17 plus who have mild to moderate anxiety and depression. Healthy Minds was previously called the Primary Care Mental Health & Wellbeing Service.
The primary aim of the service is to enable people to learn healthier coping strategies to improve their wellbeing and to manage their difficulties themselves.
What we Offer
- We offer short-term interventions for adults with anxiety and depression.
- We cannot offer longer-term therapy, appointments with a psychiatrist, medication management, diagnosis of any mental health problem, risk management or crisis support. See this page if you need crisis support or help NOW
- Workshops and Courses: educational classes to understand and manage anxiety and low mood which people report they find very helpful.
- Stress & Worry
- CBT skills for Anxiety & Depression
- The Decider Life Skills
- Mindfulness introduction
- Low self esteem
- Individual sessions: up to 6-8 sessions using either Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) or Counselling.
- Guided self help: uses CBT-based printed self-help material specific to current difficulties. Most structured & focused. 4-6 sessions.
- Single CBT Assessment & Intervention Session: this 1 hour session will help to make sense of current difficulties and provides skills to help make positive changes.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT): looks at the links between thoughts, feelings and behaviours. Practice of new skills is encouraged between sessions. 6-8 sessions.
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR): for single event traumas
- Counselling: offers space to explore thoughts and feelings, particularly about difficult current situations. 6-8 sessions
- SilverCloud online computerised Cognitive Behaviour Therapy programme
- Course of 7-8 modules for depression, stress and anxiety
- Modules include videos, psycho-educational content, quiz, personal stories and interactive activities
- You will be supported by a practitioner with regular reviews via the programme
- Accessible at any time, using your computer, tablet or phone
- Introductory video here
What to Expect
- You can either refer yourself using the self-referral portal (https://www.iaptportal.co.uk/guernsey.html) or your GP can complete a referral form and give you a self assessment form which you should complete and return to us.
- We will then send you an email with details about the service.
- After reading the email and attachment, please call us to arrange a brief telephone assessment to discuss your needs.
- After the brief telephone assessment, you and the therapist will agree a plan for what happens next - you may be offered workshops or an individual assessment appointment.
- It is important that you commit to attend all planned sessions in order to gain the most benefit.
Self Help Information & Other Services
- Self-help online and other useful websites:
- NHS Every Mind Matters https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/
- NHS One You https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/
- Self-help leaflets from Newcastle, Tyne & Wear NHS Trust: www.ntw.nhs.uk/pic/selfhelp/
- Self-help leaflets from NHS Camden: www.mentalhealthcamden.co.uk/self-help-guides-and-videos
- Self-help workbooks from CCI, Australia: www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/looking-after-yourself
- Self-help materials: www.llttf.com/
- Mind Guernsey - local services: http://www.guernseymind.org.gg/local-services/
- Health Connections Guernsey with links to many other local support services: https://healthconnections.gg/
How to Self-Refer or Contact us
You can find out more information about the service in our 'Healthy Minds Information' booklet, 'Healthy Minds Workshops Leaflet' and our 'Healthy Minds Helpful Links Leaflet', which are available in the downloads section on this page.
Healthy Minds is based on the UK Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) model.
If you have any feedback on this webpage, e.g. how easy it was to find the information you needed, what other information you would like access to or whether you found the page useful, please email: email@example.com