Healthy Minds offers short-term therapeutic interventions for adults aged 17 plus who have mild to moderate anxiety and depression. Healthy Minds was previously called the Primary Care Mental Health & Wellbeing Service.
The primary aim of the service is to enable people to learn healthier coping strategies to improve their wellbeing and to manage their difficulties themselves.
What we offer
- We offer short-term interventions for adults with anxiety and depression.
- We cannot offer crisis support, risk management, or longer-term therapy.
- We receive very positive feedback for our workshops, which people find really helpful.
- Workshops and Courses: educational classes to understand and manage anxiety and low mood.
- Stress & Worry
- CBT skills for Anxiety & Depression
- The Decider Life Skills
- Mindfulness introduction
- Low self esteem
- Please see the short video clip to gain more information about the workshops we offer here.
- See the feedback for our workshops in "How are we doing?" .
- Individual sessions: up to 6-8 sessions using either Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) or Counselling.
- Guided self help: uses CBT-based printed self-help material specific to current difficulties. Most structured & focused. 4-6 sessions.
- Single CBT Assessment & Intervention Session: this 1 hour session will help to make sense of current difficulties and provides skills to help make positive changes.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT): looks at the links between thoughts, feelings and behaviours. Practice of new skills is encouraged between sessions. 6-8 sessions.
- Counselling: offers space to explore thoughts and feelings, particularly about difficult current situations. 6-8 sessions
- See the feedback for individual sessions in "how are we doing?".
- SilverCloud online computerised Cognitive Behaviour Therapy programme
- Course of 7-8 modules for depression, stress and anxiety
- Modules include videos, psycho-educational content, quiz, personal stories and interactive activities
- You will be supported by a practitioner with 2 weekly reviews
- Accessible at any time, using your computer, tablet or phone
- Introductory video here
What to expect
- When you see your GP, they will complete a referral form and give you a self assessment form which you should complete and return to us.
- We will then send you an email with details about the service.
- After reading the email and attachment, please call us to arrange a brief telephone assessment to discuss your needs.
- After the brief telephone assessment, you and the therapist will agree a plan for what happens next - you may be offered workshops or an individual assessment appointment.
- It is important that you commit to attend all planned sessions in order to gain the most benefit.
Self Help Information & Other Services
- Self-help online and other useful websites,
- Self-help website: www.get.gg/problems.htm
- STOPP skill: www.get.gg/stopp.htm
- Self-help videos: www.get.gg/videos.htm
- Self-help strategies: www.get.gg/solutions.htm
- Self-help leaflets from Newcastle, Tyne & Wear NHS Trust: www.ntw.nhs.uk/pic/selfhelp/
- Self-help leaflets from NHS Camden: www.mentalhealthcamden.co.uk/self-help-guides-and-videos
- Self-help workbooks from CCI, Australia: www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/looking-after-yourself
- CBT Smartphone Apps: www.get.gg/links2.htm
- Online and Computerised CBT links: www.get.gg/links2b.htm
- Self-help materials: www.llttf.com/
- Other Guernsey support services: www.get.gg/wellbeing.htm
- Health Connections Guernsey with links to many other local support services: https://healthconnections.gg/
- Examples of feedback from individual therapy and workshops:
- "This has been a very absorbing session which has really sunk in, in many ways I didn't expect it would."
- "The workshop was engaging and thought provoking."
- "I feel like I learnt a lot that I can use later. I was anxious to come at first but really enjoyed it."
- "Very well put over, fun, appropriate, well thought out. Thank you."
- "Why didn't I come earlier? Very useful. Thank you."
- "Thank you very much for an entertaining and empowering afternoon."
- "The workshop was brilliant and not at all what I expected."
- "Very enjoyable course with a strong meaning that will help people in different walks of life and different problems."
- Individual therapy
- "My therapist has helped me so so much, they were very patient, caring and professional."
- "The therapists at the Primary Care service are brilliant at what they do."
- "Counselling was so helpful. It was such a relief to have someone alongside me."
- "Therapy has been very helpful. It has made a big difference to me."
- "I have learned some very effective strategies that I've been able to use in most situations."
How to contact us
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
- Telephone: 01481 707744
- Address: Healthy Minds, The Oberlands Centre, Rue Mignot, Princess Elizabeth Hospital, St Martins, GY4 6SP
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find out more information about the service in our 'Healthy Minds Information' booklet, 'Healthy Minds Workshops Leaflet' and our 'Healthy Minds Helpful Links Leaflet', which are available in the downloads section on this page.
The service is based on the UK Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) model.
If you have any feedback on this webpage, e.g. how easy it was to find the information you needed, what other information you would like access to or whether you found the page useful, please email: email@example.com