There are two public libraries in Guernsey - the Guille-Allès and Priaulx Libraries. Both receive grant funding from the States of Guernsey. The States of Guernsey also funds the Schools' Library Service. The Institute of Health and Social Care Studies also operates a library providing information and research in most health and social care specialities.
- The Guille-Allès is a general lending library located in Market Square in St Peter Port.
- The States of Guernsey provides an annual grant to cover maintenance, staff and running costs.
- Further information is available on the Guille-Allès website
Schools' Library Service
- This is an outsourced Service provided through the Guille-Allès Library which provides a wide range of advisory services and resources to support the use of learning resource centres in schools and public libraries.
- The Schools' Library Service is a universal facility available to all the schools. It exists to encourage excellence in our school libraries by supporting the development of skills for lifelong learning and engendering a culture of reading for enjoyment.
- The Priaulx Library is Guernsey's local studies and family history research centre
- The Library promotes and celebrates Guernsey life, language, history, culture, and literature, and enables access to a unique rare book collection.
- The States of Guernsey is directly responsible for the maintenance of the Priaulx Library building and meets its annual running and staff costs.
- Further information is available on the Priaulx Library website
The Institute of Health and Social Care Studies
- The Institute of Health and Social Care Studies Library provides materials for education, information and research in most health and social care specialities.
- You can join the Library as a full member for free if you are:
- a student at the Institute of Health and Social Care Studies
- an employee of the States of Guernsey Health and Social Care (HSC)
- Others may obtain basic Library membership, free of charge, or full membership through payment of an annual fee.
- For further information please read our Library Leaflet
- Search our online catalogue
- Search our E-Library
- Members can contact the Library for relevant passwords by clicking here