On this page you can download the latest publications from the Data and Analysis team regarding the island's property transaction prices (sales and rentals) and housing stock.
- The mix adjusted average purchase price for Local Market properties was £647,889 in the third quarter of 2023, 7.8% higher than the previous quarter, 3.0% higher than the third quarter of 2022 and 54.3% higher than five years previously. NB: the mix adjusted price is a measure of the value of the properties sold during the quarter, not a reflection of the values of individual properties nor the change in the value of any one property over time. Many factors, including age, location and quality, determine the actual value of individual properties.
- There were 138 Local Market transactions during the third quarter of 2023, 37 fewer than the previous quarter, 96 fewer than during the third quarter of 2022 and 113 fewer than five years previously. This is the lowest third quarter number of transactions since these records began, in 1999.
- The raw median price (realty only) of the 12 Open Market transactions in the third quarter of 2023 was £1,443,438.
- The mix adjusted average monthly rental price for Local Market properties was £1,909 in the third quarter of 2023, 2.4% higher than the previous quarter, 10.6% higher than the third quarter of 2022 and 46.1% higher than five years previously.
- For further details you can download:
- - The Residential Property Prices Bulletin, which is published each quarter, gives details of volumes and average prices of Local Market and Open Market property transactions in Guernsey.
- - A history spreadsheet, which provides a table of mean average property prices (dating back to 1981 for Local Market transactions and 1999 for Open Market) and house and apartment medians, which are no longer included in the quarterly bulletins.
- - The Guernsey Annual Residential Property Stock Bulletin (formerly the Housing Stock Bulletin), which was first published in March 2011, contains detailed information on the number, type, size and location of Guernsey's domestic property units.
- - The Guide to the Guernsey Inflation Indices 2022, which includes more information on purchase and rental prices indices.
See the provisional release date list [179kb] to find out when the next update of these figures is due.
If you would like to receive an email and/or text notification when the next version of this bulletin becomes available (or you wish to stop receiving those notifications), please log in or register here. To find out how Data and Analysis process your personal data if you sign up for notifications or in the production of national statistics you can read our Fair Processing Notice [260kb].