Permits are required for water-skiing in certain areas, provided that the boat has adequate insurance cover, and at least two people are in the boat while towing a water-skier in order to ensure that a proper lookout is maintained at all times.
Permits are issued by the Office of the Committee for the Environment & Infrastructure.
Areas of coastal restricted zones in which the speed limit of six knots may be exceeded for the purpose of water skiing, subject to permission from the Committee for the Environment & Infrastructure, are:-
- Havelet Bay - so much of the coastal restricted zone as lies east of a line joining Oyster Rock and Moulinet Beacon and south of a line from Horseshoe Pool to Moulinet Beacon.
- Soldier's Bay (Petit Fort)
- Moulin Huet - so much of the coastal restricted zone as lies south of a line joining the Cannon Rock, the Dog and Lion Rocks and the rocks south of Bon Port.
- La Bette - so much of the coastal restricted zone as lies in and south-west of La Bette Bay.
- Shell Beach, Herm - so much of the coastal restricted zone as lies to the north of a line bearing 270o (T) from the northernmost part of North Jacquets Rock to Shell Beach, to include Mouissoniere Bay.
Please note that water skiing is not permitted in any of the other coastal restricted zones.
Please download the water skiing permit application form and accompanying explanatory notes for further information. The completed application form should be returned to Agriculture, Countryside and Land Management Services (ACLMS) at Sir Charles Frossard House.