Information on Housing
Housing moved to Edward T Wheadon House in May 2017. Our new postal address is:
Edward T Wheadon House
St Peter Port
Phone: 01481 222500 (general enquiries)
Opening times Monday- Friday 8.45AM - 4.00PM
What is affordable housing?
- 'Affordable housing' means property that's reserved for certain groups of people who can't afford to rent or buy property on the private market.
- When we talk about affordable housing, we mean one of these types of accommodation:
What is social rental housing?
- 'Social rental housing' means properties that are owned by either the States of Guernsey or the Guernsey Housing Association.
- Some of that property is rented out to Islanders who can't afford to rent a property on the private market. It's like council housing in the UK.
- Social rental housing also includes property in the Extra Care Housing Schemes. Follow this link to find out more.
- We're really proud of the social housing on offer in Guernsey - all our properties are kept to a very high standard, and our rents are affordable for our tenants.
- The GHA is another social rental housing landlord. We have an arrangement with them which means that some social rental housing tenants live in their properties. Their rents are still affordable. We'll explain everything to you during the application process.
- In order to access social rental housing, you have to meet certain criteria. There's more information on that Your States House Tenancy and Maintenance.
- For general enquiries, please call us on 222500, or send an email to Housing@gov.gg
- For Allocations enquiries, please call us on 226540, or send us an email to HousingAllocations@gov.gg
- For Tenancy enquiries, please call us on 226550, or send us an email to HousingTenancy@gov.gg
- For Maintenance enquiries, please call us on 223465 during office hours or 224215 out of office hours or send us an email to Housing.Maintenance@gov.gg
- For key worker accommodation, please send us an email to email@example.com
- If you'd like to talk to us in person, you can come down to Edward T Wheadon House between: 8:45am and 4pm, Monday to Friday. For accessibility information for Edward T Wheadon House