Information on States social housing and the Guernsey Housing Association, including new location as of May 2017 for some services.
We're on the move...
From 15 May 2017 if you want to see:
- Tenancy Management and Allocation Staff
- Property Management/Maintenance Staff
- Keyworker Accommodation staff
Please come to Housing reception located on Level 1 at:
Edward T Wheadon House, Le Truchot, St Peter Port, GY1 3WH
Phone: 01481 732500
Opening times Monday- Friday 8.45AM - 4.00PM
Day of the move
On the day of the move (Friday 12th May), opening hours will be 8.30AM - 2PM.
Our new phone numbers will be communicated to the public in due course
We have issued flyers to tenants and contractors,
What is affordable housing?
What is social housing?
- 'Social housing' means properties that are owned by either the States of Guernsey or the Guernsey Housing Association.
- Some of that property is rented out to Islanders who can't afford to rent a property on the private market. It's like council housing in the UK.
- Social housing also includes property in the Extra Care Housing Schemes. Follow this link to find out more.
- We're really proud of the social housing on offer in Guernsey - all our properties are kept to a very high standard, and our rents are affordable for our tenants.
- The GHA is another social landlord. We have an arrangement with them which means that some social housing tenants live in their properties. Their rents are still affordable. We'll explain everything to you during the application process.
- In order to access social rented housing, you have to meet certain criteria. There's more information on that here.
- You can call us on 732500, or send an email to email@example.com. If you'd like to talk to us in person, you can come down to Edward T Wheadon House between 8:45am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.