Information on States social housing
The States Social Housing moved to Edward T Wheadon House in May 2017. Our new postal address is:
Edward T Wheadon House
St Peter Port
Phone: 01481 732500 (general enquiries)
Opening times Monday- Friday 8.45AM - 4.00PM
What is affordable housing?
What is social housing?
- 'Social housing' means properties that are owned by either the States of Guernsey or the Guernsey Housing Association.
- Some of that property is rented out to Islanders who can't afford to rent a property on the private market. It's like council housing in the UK.
- Social housing also includes property in the Extra Care Housing Schemes. Follow this link to find out more.
- We're really proud of the social housing on offer in Guernsey - all our properties are kept to a very high standard, and our rents are affordable for our tenants.
- The GHA is another social landlord. We have an arrangement with them which means that some social housing tenants live in their properties. Their rents are still affordable. We'll explain everything to you during the application process.
- In order to access social rented housing, you have to meet certain criteria. There's more information on that Social Rental Housing.
- For general enquiries, please call us on 732500, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Allocations enquiries, please call us on 756540, or send us an email to email@example.com
- For Tenancy enquiries, please call us on 756550, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Maintenance enquiries, please call us on 713465 during office hours or 724215 out of office hours or send us an email to email@example.com
- For keyworker accommodation, please call us on 756527, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you'd like to talk to us in person, you can come down to Edward T Wheadon House between: 8:45am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.